Skip to main content

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award, Pt. 6


Back in August, Tanya @ A Book Paradise nominated me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award.  Thanks so much, Tanya - sorry it took me so long to get to it!  I'll just be answering her questions to me, so let's get to it:

1) What was the last song you played? Can you match it to a book you own?

>

"Shiny" by Jemaine Clemment from Moana - one of my favorite tracks from the soundtrack.  For some reason, Vicious by V.E. Schwab is jumping to mind...

2) What is your favourite season?

Summer!

3) If you were to choose a band that you would like to see in concert, who would it be?


1940s Tommy Dorsey and His Orchestra, please!

4) Can you play an instrument, if so which one and how did you start learning that instrument?

I can play the trombone - started when I was 10.  Probably explains my love of Tommy Dorsey's music...

5) Name your recent book purchase.


The Ferryman Institute by Colin Gigl and Armada by Ernest Cline

6) If you were to invite an author and a favourite fictional character to a dinner party, who would it be and why?


J.K. Rowling and Hermione Granger - do I really have to explain why?

7) Do you have a favourite bookish or non bookish quote? If so what is it and why do you like it?


“The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." ― Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen - I'd say this one is pretty self explanatory.

8) What is your favourite animal?


Meerkats - I've probably mentioned this before.

9) Which Hogwarts house do you belong in?


Hufflepuff

10) If you had to pick a book to be turned into a movie, what would it be and who would you cast?


Vicious by V.E. Schwab needs to be adapted right now - I've got my fingers crossed that the movie deal goes through!  While reading, I had younger versions of James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender from the newer X-Men movies in the back of my mind as Victor and Eli.  Otherwise, I think Dane DeHane and Ezra Miller could be very good as Victor and Eli.


Thanks again, Tanya, for the nomination!

Comments

  1. I did this a while ago! It’s such a fun tag!
    Nice answers!
    I honestly need to get to more of VE Schwab’s work - her books are mentioned everywhere and I still haven’t really picked it up.

    Caroline @ Just Another Bookish Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Caroline! Yes, V.E. Schwab is excellent! Hope you like her work when you get to it!

      Delete
  2. Yay for Hufflepuff! And Meerkats, they're so cute! I have yet to see Moana and read Vicious, but I'm going to :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows