Skip to main content

Friday Flicks - Frozen


❋ ❋ ❋ ❋ 

I've finally seen Frozen and I think it's an absolutely fantastic movie!  The animation is stunning - some things looked incredibly realistic.  I also really enjoyed the entire soundtrack - not just "Let It Go."  Of course, I adored the positive relationship between Elsa and Anna.

As for the characters, my favorite aside from the sisters has to be Kristoff.  He's a very likeable and steady character, who would be great to have on your side.  While watching, I was really surprised by the truth about Hans.  Looking back on it there was some foreshadowing, but not enough that it really set off any alarms for me.  Regarding our two main non-human characters, Olaf and Sven, Sven comes out on top with Olaf just behind.  Sven reminds me a bit of Maximus from Tangled, and I really liked Maximus.   Which reminds me, I spotted Rapunzel and Flynn!  Anyways, I'm not sure if it's just me but when Olaf dances with the seagulls in his daydream about summer, but was that a pretty good homage to Bert's penguin dance from Mary Poppins?  I'd like to think so! :)

Even though we don't really have a traditional villain in this movie, I loved it all the same.  Frozen is an incredibly refreshing take on Hans Christian Andersen's The Ice Queen and traditional Disney tropes!  I know I didn't do the movie justice in this review, but you should really take my word on its awesomeness!  If you haven't seen this movie yet, what are you waiting for?!  Go get the DVD and watch it as soon as you can!  I only wish I could have seen this at the movie theater.  Keep your eyes and ears open for Arrested Development references ("Finish each others sandwiches", Lindsey's chicken dance, and "I'm a monster")!  

Comments

  1. So glad you finally saw and enjoyed it! I saw the movie in January, after it had been out a couple months. Everyone had been talking about it, so I figured, hey, join the bandwagon. I saw the villain angle they were going for early one, but I still loved it.

    Brittany @ http://www.spacebetweenthespines.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this movie as well, so well done and such singable songs! I even bought the DVD which I don't do very often:-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: 2015 Releases I Meant To Get To But Didin't